Monday, May 31, 2010

Free Gaza Flotilla Massacre

This is a letter I have just sent to my government in response to the massacre of the Free Gaza Flotilla by Israel. I am so tired of being insignificant and feeling useless to do anything to help. My suffering and frustration is nothing compared to that of the Palestinian people and this makes me feel worse.

Dear Mr Smith and Mr Rudd,


I am demanding that you, as my respresentative, do something in response to the attack on the Free Gaza Flotilla by Israel. It is way past the time that you, and our government, should let the Israeli government know that we Australians are against their brutal seige on Gaza and against their policies of collective punishment, dehumanisation of the Palestinian people and of the arrogant behaviour in the face of International Law. Enough is way too much. Our silence has contributed to this incident and to Israel believing that they have a law unto themselves. I am angry, frustrated and saddened by our lack of committment to the people of Palestine......imagine for one minute how you would survive living in Gaza under the most inhumane conditions...like me, you wouldn't. Step up and do something that will make us proud of our government and stop the seige of Israel, it affects all people in all countries...the suffering is not just limited to the people of Palestine. It's time to end this.

Davina Johnson

www.davinaj.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment