Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another week...

Another week has passed by and in the comfort of my surroundings I am blasé. I worked, I fed myself, my husband and our dogs. I slept in this morning. I'll call my folks tonight and also talk to my sons later to find out what they got up to this weekend. I moaned about the cold and put some more wood in the fire to eleviate that inconvenience. And I ordered a heap of beads etc from America so I could make more jewelry. We had some friends over today for a visit.
This all seems so insignificant in the big scheme of things. I read about more arrests in Bil'in and that more families are being removed from their homes, to be relocated elsewhere, by the Israeli government and that illegal settlers are given these houses to live in. For the life of me I cannot fathom why the settlers would take these houses. A decent person would see the injustice in this and not wish to have a bar of it. How could you move into a house where the previous owner was forcibly evicted? How do you explain to your children that a family, just like yours, has been thrown out with indifference and contempt just so you can take over their piece of existence for the enhancement of your own government? This situation perpetuates the circle of mistrust, hatred and instability between these two peoples.
Set Emad Bortan, and all the other non-violent demonstrators who were recently kidnapped, free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment