Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's New....

My youngest son, Matt, and his girlfriend Zarah came for a visit this week. They'd flown to Brisbane for a few days, picked up a car and drove back to Newcastle. They stayed for a few nights and although Matt was pretty sick with a throat infection it was great to see him. His sense of humour is so out there and he's quick witted, which I've really missed. It was great to talk to him and see him.
I am no longer involved with wine, lavender or eucalyptus. The job just didn't pan out the way I'd hoped it would. The people who worked there were lovely and it was gorgeous driving through the property to my office every day but I couldn't see myself being there until I retired. I start a new job on Monday in the office of the Salvation Army. I'm looking forward to it because it will be nice to be working in an environment where everyone shares the same beliefs in human rights as I do. It will be good.....
My husband has a few friends up visiting this weekend, doing men things, so I've been busy doing some jewelry making. My mother-in-law, Kay, wanted a pair of garnet earrings. You can't just have earrings without the necklace so I made her that too and used a Swarovski crystal as the focal piece. I was happy with the way they turned out.
A friend wears a lovely amethyst necklace so I made her a bracelet to match using sterling silver chain and wire, crystals and gems.
Then I played around with some nickel silver wire and unakite...nice!
My dad sent me some old pennies the other day. I was so excited because he found one for for each of us with the year of our birth. So mum, dad, myself and my two sisters will all be getting copper wrapped coin pendants...it sounds like something from The Brady Bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment